A recent crash in Pembroke Pines has made us really think about how unpredictable each day is.
Earlier this month, Octavia Tirado was caught in between two vehicles when one of them veered off the road and crashing into a pickup truck in her driveway. The truck then shifted over to pin her between the other vehicle in the driveway. The driver of one of the vehicles kept telling her to move, but she was stuck. He put the vehicle in reverse and left the area. Tirado now needs crutches to get around.
Some of the incidents was captured on a surveillance camera. The video shows the vehicle speeding down the street before running off the road.
The situation could have been much worse. Tirado’s 5-year-old son was in the path of the vehicle, but his father threw him back right before the impact.
This was a scary incident. While we do not yet know what caused the driver to veer off the roadway, this accident shows us that we never really know what to expect. Sometimes, other people’s negligence causes us harm.
If you need a Pembroke Pines personal injury attorney, you can turn to the Law Offices of Bradley S. Hartman.
So Many Risks
We do not really think about the risks we face every day. We know your goal is to be safe, but you cannot control the actions of other people. Like the story above, there was no way for Ms. Tirado to know that she was going to be injured when she walked outside.
So, what are some common personal injury cases?
- Vehicle accidents: Whether dealing with a drunk or distracted driver or simply a driver who is not paying attention to the roadway, there are many accidents that cause harm due to someone else’s negligence.
- Premises Accidents: There are many times when the negligence of a property owner (or their agents) causes people harm. This can include them not taking care of hazards that can cause patrons harm. Commonly, we see slip and fall accidents lead to injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents: Like the story above, pedestrian accidents happen at alarming rates. They have no protection from the force of a vehicle slamming into them.
- Faulty products: This can include a product that is poorly designed, has a manufacturing defect, or is improperly labeled.
- Work accidents: This includes work injuries that occur because a company or coworker is negligent in their duties and causes a person harm.
What You Can Do
If you have been injured and it was caused by someone else’s negligence, you should consider seeking legal assistance. At the Law Offices of Bradley S. Hartman, we are ready to step in and help you get the compensation you deserve. We know that any injury can be devastating and can cost you money that you may not have. If you need a Pembroke Pines personal injury attorney, you can contact us by clicking here or calling us at 954-438-1000 for a free consultation.