Our lives are filled with things we love. We get to be around family and friends and do the things we want to do. Unfortunately, sometimes we become ill or get hurt and have to go to the doctor or hospital. At some point in our lives, most of us end up needing medical care. From children with the stomach bug to vehicle accidents that can lead to an ER visit, we put our trust in medical professionals.
While we recognize that most doctors and nurses perform their jobs well and with great skill, we also understand that sometimes they make mistakes that harm us further. When that happens, you want answers. If you think a healthcare professional has caused you harm, you may need a Cooper City medical malpractice attorney.
So Many Options
When you think of healthcare, your first thought is probably of a doctor’s office or hospital. While those places account for most of our healthcare visits, there are many other places we go or utilize where we interact with healthcare professionals.
- EMS professionals such as paramedics and EMTs work in both emergency services and transport services.
- Dentists ensure that our mouths stay in top shape.
- Outpatient surgical centers give us another option for minor surgeries.
- Long-term assisted living facilities to give our loved ones a place to stay when they need extra care.
These are just a few places where we put our trust in a healthcare professional. Now, there are even “minute clinics” set up at stores all over the country that are meant to handle minor medical needs.
What happens when you put your trust in a medical professional and they make a mistake that worsens your condition? There are many ways in which negligence can hurt us when it comes to medicine.
- Hospitals are overcrowded so they may rush someone out before they are ready.
- Paramedics may not perform a full assessment, leading them to miss a medical emergency someone is experiencing.
- A surgeon may be exhausted and make a critical error while operating on someone.
- A dentist could give the wrong amount of anesthesia, leading to long-term complications for a patient.
These are just a few examples of when a medical professional can injure their patients. Research recently showed us that medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States. Those are alarming numbers for anyone who needs to seek medical help.
What To Do
If you’ve been harmed by a medical professional, you may need a medical malpractice attorney in Cooper City. Worse, if you’ve lost a loved one and you think their death was caused by a medical professional, not only could it be medical malpractice, but it could also be a case of wrongful death. At the Law Offices of Bradley Hartman, we will help you understand your rights. We are ready to sit down with you and go over your entire case. Contact us by clicking here or calling us at 954-438-1000.